- You ever cut your grass and found a car...
- You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't...
- You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk...
you might be a redneck.
I couldn't help but see some parallels when thinking about school district superintendents. Some questions school board members need to be asking themselves.
- Your Superintendent ever asked your board to sign a document without reading it because it was "just some routine paperwork"
- Your superintendent has ever introduced a new program or policy with "DESE has told us we have to..." or "I just do what DESE tells me"
- Your district appears on a list of districts supporting a policy that your board has never voted on
- Your superintendent has had administrative staff prepare a report with information the board never asked for... and expected you to be grateful
- Your superintendent has ever attempted to use his/her position to sway the election of your state representative
- Your superintendent earns more money that the governor of the state while being responsible for less than 1/132 the number of people...
you might need a new superintendent.
For more thoughts on if you need a new superintendent by firing your present one, read here:
Perhaps there is nothing these supers can do. Perhaps their hands are tied in the red tape of bureaucracy and they give up. And let’s face it, our kids are getting dumber and their parents don’t care. What is an overpaid cog in the education machine going to do to turn that around?